East Dorset refers to the area formely adminstered by East Dorset District Council.
In addition to the national scheme, residents of East Dorset who are entitled to a free bus pass are also entitled to all day travel, not limited to off-peak hours.
This means that residents are able to use their free bus passes at any time of the day and on any day of the week where they board a bus using a bus stop within the East Dorset area.
Residents of East Dorset can use their bus pass throughout England, however they can only be used between 9.30am and 11pm if they board a bus outside the East Dorset area.
If you are unable to use a public bus due to a disability, you may be eligible for a payment towards your transport arrangements.
To qualify, you must:
- have a permanent disability which prevents you from using public bus services
- obtain supporting evidence of your disability from your GP
- be a permanent resident of East Dorset
Applications can be made at any time throughout the year.
Payments will be made as follows:
- applications made from April to June: £40
- applications made from July to September: £30
- applications made from October to December: £20
- applications made from January to March: £10
How to apply
The scheme is administered by Dorset Council. Contact us to apply: