Gym facilities at Verwood Hub
Gym member code of conduct
Working out is going to look a bit different for a while and we’ve had to make some changes to your leisure centre. We invite you to read the following centre rules to better understand these changes before you visit us. Failure to comply to these changes may result in you being asked to leave the site and have your membership terminated. As government guidance changes, we’ll make sure these are updated to keep you informed.
Use of the gym and workout classes will be via pre-booked slots only. You can pre-book your session via the website or call your local facility.
Gym slots will initially be available to book 6 days in advance for a maximum of two 45 minute slots per member per day. This period includes access time and a 15 min turnaround period at the end of the session. Session times for studio classes will be as per the booking to a maximum of 45 min to allow for changeover and cleaning. Failure to cancel your session will incur a did not attend record. Any member not showing for 3 sessions in a single month period will have their booking rights withdrawn.
- please do not attend the centre if you or a family member are unwell.
- you must pre-book your session to gain entry.
- if you intend to train for less than 45minutes we request you attend 5/10 min after the hour entry time to help reduce potnetial queue times.
- please do not congregate pre/post workout or turn up early for your session
- please sanitise/wash hands pre and post workout
- please do not bring a ‘sweat’ towel but do bring a pre-filled water bottle with you
During your workout
All members must clean equipment with the sanitising wipes/spray before and after each use. However due to the high contact nature of the free weights areas/rigs we ask all members to sanitise/wash hands both before and after entering these areas instead.
- no “spotting” in the weight room is permitted
- all users must maintain social distance rules at all times and follow all instructional signage and requests from the Fitness Team.
- only use Kit A or Kit B depending on what is in use for the session.
- wipe down all equipment before and after use with only the alcoholic sanitising wipes/spray provided.
- please leave the gym/class promptly at the end of your session.
- no access to changing facilities and showers is permitted at this time
- wash/sanitise your hands immediately after your workout
- we ask that you please wash your workout kit after each visit
Personal Training, Fitness Programmes and new memberships
In line with national governing body guidance; personal training, and fitness programmes will be resumed once it is deemed safe to do so.
We understand that at this time you may wish to bring your own mat to attend workout classes. If you would like to purchase one, these are available to purchase from reception (subject to availability)
Please note by booking your session you are agreeing to comply with the Member Code of Conduct for the safety of all our customers and staff. Right of admission may be withdrawn if a member knowingly disregards this guidance, our Member Code of Conduct and puts others at risk.
The Hub gym - powered by Technogym
Using the latest fitness expertise, the latest gym equipment and a desire to push and enhance your health and fitness boundaries the Verwood Gym is a great place to take the first step to a whole new you! Our innovative approach to fitness can make a difference to the way you train, giving you the confidence to go further.
With state of the art Technogym equipment, a spacious functional training zone, suspension training area and a large free weights section the Verwood Gym is an ideal place to get a full body workout. Technogym equipment includes;
- 25 cardiovascular machines
- 10 resistance based machines and
- 6 kinesis machines, all using the unique Wellness System
Monday - Friday: 6.30am - 10pm
Weekends: 8.30am - 6.30pm
One off sessions are available after the completion of an induction.
In order to use any of the gym facilities at The Verwood Gym, you must be 16 years* old or above and you must first attend a gym induction that will introduce you to the equipment and provide you with further advice to meet your fitness needs. Please see our Verwood Hub Gym Inductions page for further information.
All Platinum and Active Combo members receive a free gym induction as part of their membership.
Take a virtual tour of the Verwood Hub gym facilities.