National Pool Lifeguard Courses at Purbeck Sports Centre
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
The Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) National Pool Lifeguard Qualification is the most awarded lifeguard qualification. On completion you will be fully qualified to work as a Pool Lifeguard. The NPLQ can also be used as a stepping stone to a career within the leisure industry.
Course Syllabus Outline
Training and assessment for this qualification is split into 3 sections (or QCF units). Each section is then broken into a further 3 elements.
Section 1 - The Lifeguard, Swimming Pool and Supervision (12 hours)
- Element 1 The Lifeguard and the Law
- Element 2 The Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
- Element 3 Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 2 - Intervention, Rescue and Emergency Action Plan (10 hours)
- Element 1 Intervention and Rescue
- Element 2 Rescue of a Casualty with a Suspected Spinal Injury
- Element 3 Emergency Action Plan
Section 3 - CPR, AED and First Aid (13 hours)
- Element 1 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Element 2 Automated External Defibrillation (AED) (Optional)(Extra 1.5 hours)
- Element 3 First Aid
(All units must be completed).
The course consists of physical training and theoretical classroom work, followed by a practical in-water and out-of-water assessment on pool rescue, first aid, CPR and lifesaving skills. Candidates must be aged 16 or over.
|Tuesday 1 to Saturday 5 June 2021
||8.30am to 5pm
£245 per person or £200 if booked before 1 May 2021.
Contact us to book a place.