Level 2 Bikeability cycle training
Children who successfully complete level 2 training will receive a Bikeability badge and certificate.
Level 2 training is aimed at children in year five and six.
There is no cost to attend level 2 training as the council has been granted funding by the Department for Transport (DfT).
The training takes place on local roads.
What you'll achieve in the training:
- all Level 1 outcomes
- start an on road journey
- finish an on road journey
- be aware of potential hazards
- understand how and when to signal intentions to other road users
- understand where to ride on roads being used
- pass parked or slower moving vehicles
- pass side roads
- turn left into a minor road
- make a U-turn
- turn left into a major road
- turn right into a major road
- turn right from a major to minor road
- demonstrate decision-making and understanding of safe riding strategy
- demonstrate a basic understanding of the Highway Code
- decide where cycle infrastructure can help a journey and demonstrate correct use
- go straight on from minor road to minor road at a crossroads
- use mini-roundabouts and single lane roundabouts
Everyone who takes part in level 2 or level 3 Bikeability training in Dorset could be chosen as a Star Cyclist. Star Cyclists are selected by the course instructor based on their performance in the training. The instructor will take into account ability, effort and improvement.
Star Cyclists will be entered into an annual prize draw.
Bikeability courses in your area
Complete our form and we will contact you about training in your area