Local Transport Plans (LTPs) are statutory documents which set the strategy for the management, maintenance and development of the area's transport system.
LTPs explain how funds, largely allocated by the government, will be used to deliver improved transport and help meet the key objectives for transport established by both government and local authorities.
One transport plan for Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset
We have produced one Local Transport Plan for the whole of Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset. It covers the period from 2011 to 2026 and came into effect from April 2011. In south east Dorset, the LTP3 draws heavily on the South East Dorset Transport Study.
The Local Transport Plan (LTP) is written in two parts:
- 15 year strategy, which sets out a long-term vision for how the transport network will be developed over the next 15 years
- 3 year implementation plan setting out planned expenditure on transport over the period April 2014 to March 2017
You can view a summary of the plan or download it in full:
- Strategy Document 2011-2026 Chapters 1 to 3 - Background, Goals, Problems and Issues
- Strategy Document 2011 - 2026 Chapters 4 to 5 - Developing the Strategy and Strategy Overview
- Strategy Document 2011- 2026 Chapters 6 to 12 - LTP3 Key Strategy Measures and Policies
- Strategy Document 2011 - 2026 Chapter 13 - Contribution to LTP3 Goals and Glossary
- Strategy Document 2011 - 2026 in full - Chapters 1 - 13
- Strategy Document - Appendices A, B, C, D, E1, E2
- LTP3 First Progress Report 2011 - 2014
- LTP3 Implementation Plan 3 2017 to 2020
- LTP3 Implementation Plan 2 2014 to 2017
- LTP3 Implementation Plan 1 2011 to 2014