This supplementary planning guidance document has been adopted by East Dorset District Council.
It provides guidance relating to three specific topics concerning the impact that development could have on the water environment:
- Drainage (including sustainable drainage systems)
- Groundwater protection
The guidance in this document should be read in conjunction with the East Dorset Local Plan (Adopted January 2002), which sets out the detailed planning policies concerning new development in the district.
It is intended that this document will be reviewed on a regular basis to incorporate:
- future changes in Government guidance
- improvements in best practice concerning flood alleviation and surface water drainage
- refinements of the flood risk maps produced by the Environment Agency
- refinements of the Source Protection Zones maps
This document can be downloaded from this page. Alternatively, paper copies can be purchased from our offices for £5 (plus £1 P&P). A separate booklet containing flood risk maps, based on Environment Agency data will be available shortly. The most up-to-date flood map information can be obtained directly from the Environment Agency.
Also available to download from this page are the written responses to the draft document which summarise the comments made, the council's response and action that was taken.