Shaftesbury Neighbourhood Plan 2019-2031
The Shaftesbury Neighbourhood Plan has been submitted to Dorset Council for examination.
At the examination, an independent examiner will provide a review of the plan and make recommendations in accordance with the 2011 Localism Act and related regulations. In particular, the examiner has to consider whether the plan meets certain basic conditions, satisfies legal requirements, and identifies an appropriate area for a referendum.
The basic conditions, which are set out in the legislation, are intended to ensure that neighbourhood plans are compatible with their wider context. The plan must:
- have regard to national planning policies and advice contained in guidance issued by the Secretary of State;
- contribute to achieving sustainable development;
- be in general conformity with the strategic policies of the development plan for the area (the North Dorset Local Plan); and,
- be compatible with EU obligations and human rights requirements
If the neighbourhood plan receives a favourable examination report, and is subsequently supported by a local referendum, it will become part of the development plan. Its policies will be used to make decisions on relevant planning applications in Shaftesbury alongside other appropriate policies within the remainder of the development plan.
Consultation on the submitted plan
As the local planning authority, Dorset Council is required to consult on the plan before the examination takes place. Everyone (including residents, landowners and businesses) has six weeks from Friday 7 February to Friday 20 March 2020 to make representations on the plan with regard to the content and how it has been prepared. An independent examiner is being appointed and any representations will be passed on to them for consideration as part of the examination process.
Shaftesbury Neighbourhood Plan - submission documents
1. Shaftesbury Neighbourhood Plan (Submission version, January 2020) - pages 1-50
Shaftesbury Neighbourhood Plan (Submission version, January 2020) - pages 51-133
2. Consultation Statement (January 2020)
3. Basic Conditions Statement (December 2019)
4. Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) – screening statement (July 2019)
Additional supporting evidence
5. Green Infrastructure Audit
6. Housing and Employment – background paper
7. Transport Appendix
8. Parking Study
9. AECOM Design Statement
Other supporting evidence
Additional evidence used is listed in Appendix M of the submitted plan with weblinks to where these are available on-line.
Representations should be submitted on the response form provided below and returned by 4pm on Friday 20 March 2020 to:
Email: email@example.com OR
Post: Planning Policy Team, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1UZ
Please note that all comments will be made publicly available to read following the closure of the consultation period.
Any comments may include a request to be notified of Dorset Council’s decision under Regulation 19 in relation to the neighbourhood plan.