The Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan 2017 to 2027 was adopted (made) by Dorset Council on 10 December 2019.
Following a majority 'yes' vote in the referendum, the decision was taken to make the Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan 2017 to 2027 part of the development plan for the Motcombe neighbourhood area.
A referendum held on 7 November 2019 asked residents of Motcombe: "Do you want Dorset Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Motcombe to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?" 292 voted in favour and 74 against. Full results of the referendum.
Documents relating to the referendum:
- Information Statement - provides details on the referendum, such as the question that will be asked, where and when the referendum will be held, who is entitled to vote, and how you can vote (including by post or proxy)
- Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan 2017 to 2027 (referendum version)
- Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan - detailed policies map of village centre
- Decision Statement (16 September 2019) - a statement by the local planning authority that the plan as proposed meets the basic conditions
- Summary of Representations received to the regulation 16 consultation
- Examiner's Final Report (July 2019)
The submitted plan, supporting documents, and all representations received during the 6-week consultation period were sent to an Independent Examiner (Mr David Kaiserman BA DipTP MRTPI). He concluded that provided the recommended modifications are made, the plan would meet the basic conditions. He therefore recommends that the plan, as modified, should proceed to referendum.
Consultation on the Submitted Plan
As the local planning authority, Dorset Council was required to consult on the plan proposals before the examination takes place. This consultation took place for six weeks from Friday 12 April to Friday 24 May 2019. The responses received during this period are below.
Representations received to the submission draft Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan
Dorset Council received a late submission from Symonds & Sampson LLP (MOT58) which the Examiner has accepted and can be found in the table above.
- Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan (Submission Draft, March 2019)
- Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement (March 2019)
- Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement (March 2019)
- Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Report (November 2017)
- Motcombe Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Determination Statement (January 2019)
- A Preliminary Ecological Assessment Of Selected Sites At Motcombe (DERC, July 2018)
- General Design Guidelines for Motcombe (AECOM, April 2018)
- Heritage Assessment of Sites (KMHP, September 2017)
- Housing Need Review (Dorset Planning Consultant, February 2019)
- Local Green Spaces Background Paper (February 2019)
- Site Assessment Summaries (Dorset Planning Consultant, April 2018)
Other Background Documents
- Aan Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Dorset, Volume 4, Central (1970) (RCHME)
- Highways and Byways in Dorset by Frederick Treves (1906)
- CPRE Dark Skies Map
- North Dorset Landscape Character Assessment (the former North Dorset District Council)
- The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) 2012 and 2018/19 updates
- North Dorset Local Plan Part 1 (January 2016) (the former North Dorset District Council)
- Local Plan Review - papers and supporting evidence
- Northern Blackmore Vale and Gillingham Royal Forest Project Proposal (2016) (North Dorset District Council, Dorset Wildlife Trust, and Stour Catchment Initiative) – see appended to Gillingham Town Council minutes
Also referenced (but not available online):
- A Motcombe Miscellany by Laurence Clark (Hobnob Press, 2012)