The Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan 2018 to 2033 was 'made' adopted by Dorset Council on the 1 October 2019.
Following a majority 'yes' vote in the referendum, the decision was taken to make the Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan 2018 to 2033 part of the development plan for the Milborne St Andrew neighbourhood area.
The decision statement and the 'made' Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan 2018 to 2033 are available online and can be inspected 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday at:
The referendum relating to the Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan 2018 to 2033 took place on 8 August 2019. The result of the referendum was that a majority (91%) voted for Dorset Council to use the neighbourhood plan to help decide planning applications in the Parish of Milborne St Andrew.
Please see below for documents relevant to the referendum:
- Summary of Representations
- Examiner's Report
- Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan 2018 to 2033 (as modified as a result of the examination)
- Decision Statement, which includes a statement by the local planning authority that the plan as proposed meets the basic conditions.
- Information Statement, which includes general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum.
Mr David Kaiserman BA DipTP MRTPI issued his report on the submitted Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan 2018 to 2033 on 13 May 2019. He concludes that provided the recommended modifications are made, the plan would meet the basic conditions. He therefore recommends that the plan, as modified, should proceed to referendum.
Habitats Regulation Assessment
A Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Report has been produced by consultants (AECOM) on behalf of Milborne St Andrew Parish Council (the Qualifying Body). The report is dated 27 March 2019. Dorset Council, the competent authority responsible for undertaking a HRA of the neighbourhood plan, has produced a HRA. This is largely based on the information provided in the consultants' report. The HRA concludes that the neighbourhood plan will not adversely affect the integrity of a European site providing that a number of recommended changes are made to the plan. The examiner will consider the HRA, including the recommended changes, as part of his examination of the plan.
Consultation on the Submitted Plan
As the local planning authority, the District Council was required to consult on the plan proposals before the examination takes place. People were given from Friday 18 January 2019 to Friday 1 March 2019 to make comments on the plan and its associated documents. An independent examiner (Mr David Kaiserman BA DipTP MRTPI) has been appointed and the representations received will be passed on to him for consideration as part of the examination process.
Representations received to the submission draft Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan
|MSA01||Bracken Developments Limited|
|MSA02||Dorset County Council|
|MSA06||North Dorset District Council|
|MSA09||Wessex Strategic Limited|
The Council received a late response from Historic England which the Examiner has accepted. The response can be found in the table above.
Please find below links to the submission documents, including the submission version of the neighbourhood plan and supporting evidence.
- Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan 2018 to 2033 (Submission Draft - October 2018)
- Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement (October 2018)
- Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement (October 2018)
- Milborne St Andrew Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Determination Statement (June 2017)
- Milborne St Andrew Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) - Submission Draft Plan Environmental Report
Additional evidence related to the SEA:
- Ecological Assessment of Sites, Bryan Edwards, DERC
- Heritage Assessment of Sites, Kevin Morris Heritage Planning Ltd
The SEA also references supporting information to the planning application for Huntley Down and Blandford Hill north, which can be found here:-
A number of further studies (ecology, ground condition, archaeology, landscape) for the proposed site allocation (Camelco) are in preparation for a planning application. Evidence has also been provided regarding assertions made regarding the future rights to use effluent discharge pipes over land at and discharging to lagoons situated within Goulds Farm. These documents can be made available on request as part of the consultation on the submission version of the plan.
Earlier Versions of the Plan
- Employment Needs Assessment Report, Milborne St Andrew NPG
- Parking Report, Milborne St Andrew NPG
- Traffic Management Study, AECOM
Background Information and Documents
- An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Dorset, Volume 3, Central (1970, RCHME)
- Dark Skies Map (CPRE)
- Nitrogen Reduction in Poole Harbour (April 2017, various Dorset Local Planning Authorities)