Christchurch Town Centre Strategy 2003
The Town Centre Strategy aims to clarify a vision for the development of Christchurch Town Centre over the next 20 years. It provides a framework to manage future changes while protecting the range of high quality heritage aspects. The Strategy was adopted in November 2003.
The key objectives of the Town Centre Strategy are:
- to clarify a vision for the development of the town centre over the next 20 years
- to provide a framework to accommodate change whilst protecting the range of high quality heritage assets
- to examine and make proposals for improvements to the existing transportation network
- to enhance present levels of vitality and viability
- to provide a response to PPG6
- to inform preparation of a Community Plan, together with reviews of the Structure Plan and Local Plan (taking into consideration the introduction of the new planning system)
- to assist bids for public sector external funding and to attract private sector investments
The Town Centre Strategy is available for download from the right hand side of this page.