Full plans applications to Building Control
This is the most thorough option. You need to submit plans and construction details for checking and approval. Decisions are made within five weeks, or two months with your consent.
How the Building Control process works
How Full Plans work:
- Full Plans can be used for all types of building work
- you or your agent submit plans and other information
- it need to show how the project is to be built and complies with the building regulations
- structural calculations may be needed in certain cases to prove compliance
- the details are then checked by our surveyors
- you will be given either a letter of amendments or if satisfactory, an approval or conditional approval
- we have to issue a decision 5 weeks from the date of deposit (can extend to 2 calendar months if you agree to this)
- if the work carried out meets the requirements of approved plans, the regulations will be satisfied
- a completion certificate is issued upon satisfactory completion of the works
- you have 3 years from deposit to start the work otherwise the application is void. Once started it is valid until complete
- fees are payable in two stages
- the first (plan fee) should accompany the application and is shown on your fee quote
- the second (inspection fee) will be invoiced after the first inspection and covers all visits outlined in the Inspection Service Plan
- find out what happens next, once you have submitted your application
If this is the sort of application you wish to make, continue to the next step. Submit a fee quote request form.
If you are not sure, find out more about the other application types.