Responsibility for introducing a disabled parking bay
Dorset Council is responsible for on-street disabled parking bays in Dorset, not including Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
Apply for a disabled parking bay
Apply for a disabled on street parking bay in Dorset
Criteria for introducing a disabled parking bay
Applications will only be considered from, or on behalf of, disabled persons living in a vehicle owning household (you will be required to provide a copy of the vehicle registration document), who receive one of the following qualifying allowances:
- higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Applicants can be of any age and do not have to be a driver.
Applicants should not have any parking provision available within the curtilage of their own property, nor the opportunity to make such provision, nor have readily available 'on or off street' parking provision within 25 metres of their property. In these situations, it is not possible to provide restrictive parking on the public highway.
Charge for disabled parking bay
From 1 April 2021 the charge for a disabled parking bay is £218.23 on confirmation of an approved application.
We accept payment by:
- secure telephone payment via credit or debit card
Other useful information about getting a disabled parking bay
What you need to know about getting a disabled parking bay:
- the applicant will not have exclusive use of the bay. Please note this is an advisory disabled parking bay. It will not be enforceable by law
- it is available for use by anyone with or without a valid disabled Blue Badge, at any time: the applicant therefore does not have exclusive use of the bay
If you would like a paper application, please contact us by email: