Disabled parking in East Dorset
Permit changes 1 February 2020
Permits purchased with effect from 1 April 2019 entitle the holder to unlimited parking in Dorset Council's East Dorset pay and display car parks only.
Due to BCP Council permit changes, as of the 1 of February 2020, East Dorset Disabled exemption permits will no longer be valid within Christchurch car parks. Please contact Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council for more information on 01202 795000.
Blue Badge Holders are required to pay for parking unless an East Dorset Disabled Parking Exemption permit is displayed. The permit costs £15 for residents of East Dorset* and £25 for non-residents. Please note that the permit will be valid from the date of issue and will expire at the same time as your blue badge. A cost will also apply when the permit is renewed.
You can apply for a Disabled Parking Exemption Permit if you meet the following qualifying criteria:
- high rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance or a score of 10 or 12 points for the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- high rate attendance allowance (if over 65 years of age)
- low rate attendance allowance (if over 65 years of age) and are incapable of walking more than 30 metres (written statement required)
- war pensions mobility supplement
* For applicants who qualify for a council tax reduction under the disability reduction scheme there will be no charge for this Disabled Parking Exemption Permit. Evidence of this council tax reduction must be provided with your application. This concession applies to East Dorset residents only.
Apply for a permit
Apply for a disabled parking exemption permit
If you can't apply online, you can call us and we will post out or email an application form. You'll need to return the completed form to us (with required proof) and we'll set up an account and process the permit. Payment can be made by cheque, debit/credit card in person at the Wimborne office:
The permit must be used for the benefit of the blue badge holder only and must not be used by any other person. A valid Disabled Badge must be displayed in conjunction with the permit.
Blue badge holders can park in disabled bays or standard parking bays.
See our full terms and conditions for a disabled parking exemption permit.
Disabled space availability in East Dorset car parks
All car parks in East Dorset have disabled parking bays. Check the car parks page for further information.