This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Time is running out to apply for funding for community projects

Posted on:

Round 7 of the Dorset Council’s Community & Culture Project Fund is still open for applications, but deadline is looming.

This round of grants closes on 9 June, so you still have a few weeks left to apply.

Not-for-profit groups meeting eligibility and funding criteria can apply for a grant of up to £5,000. Dorset Council will fund up to 80% of applicants' total project costs, with the expectation that those applying demonstrate how the remaining 20% will be covered through additional grants, sponsorship, fundraising or partner contributions.

The grant fund is for one-off events; activities and specific cultural, sports and community project-based work in the Dorset Council area only.

New and emerging groups (who are less than 12 months old) can apply for a smaller grant of up to £1,500.

Priority will be given to projects supporting disadvantaged, marginalised or under-served groups in Dorset.  So far this year, we have seen some fantastic projects get underway helped by the funding they need to thrive.

You can find out more at the Community and Culture Project Fund webpage on the Dorset Council website.

If you are unsure of how to apply or want to check you are eligible, please contact us at or the Cultural team on

The small grants fund will close midnight Sunday 9 June 2024. Decisions will be made in July 2024.