Reading groups and book clubs
We support reading groups and book clubs by offering you:
- borrow sets of 10 copies of a title
- extended borrowing of up to 8 weeks
- reservations on multiple sets of books
- borrow a maximum of 12 sets of books per year
- approximately 800 titles to choose from, selected by librarians and informed by reading groups
There is a reading group subscription charge of £50 per year, which replaces voluntary donations.
Start a reading group or book club
Register a new reading group
Complete this form to join Dorset Libraries Reading Group Service at a cost of £50 per reading group per year.
Or print off and complete a registration form and take it to your local library:
We can offer you:
Order books for your reading group
Complete this form to order sets of books for your reading group.
Or print off and complete the reading group order form:
Running a reading group or book club
We can help you run your reading group or book club by:
- providing a reading group information pack full of:
- information and advice on running a book club
- how to discuss different types of writing such as poetry, memoir and non-fiction
- providing a reading group book list of available titles, including:
- a synopsis of each book
- whether the book is available in large print or audio format (not included in the sets but available to order)
- number of pages in each book
- the genre of each book
Suggest a reading group book
Suggest a book for us to purchase for reading groups by completing this form.
Browse the book lists
Poetry and writing groups
Many groups meet in libraries to use the space and the free resources.
Check the library events page for information about these groups or other local groups ask at your library, .