Reading groups and book clubs
We support reading groups and book clubs by offering you:
- borrow sets of 10 copies of a title
- extended borrowing of up to 8 weeks
- reservations on multiple sets of books
- borrow a maximum of 12 sets of books per year
- approximately 800 titles to choose from, selected by librarians and informed by reading groups
There is a reading group subscription charge of £50 per year, which replaces voluntary donations.
Start a reading group or book club
Register a new reading group
Complete this form to join Dorset Libraries Reading Group Service at a cost of £50 per reading group per year.
Or print off and complete a registration form and take it to your local library:
We can offer you:
Order books for your reading group
Complete this form to order sets of books for your reading group.
Or print off and complete the reading group order form:
Running a reading group or book club
We can help you run your reading group or book club by:
- providing a reading group information pack full of:
- information and advice on running a book club
- how to discuss different types of writing such as poetry, memoir and non-fiction
- providing a reading group book list of available titles, including:
- a synopsis of each book
- whether the book is available in large print or audio format (not included in the sets but available to order)
- number of pages in each book
- the genre of each book
Suggest a reading group book
Suggest a book for us to purchase for reading groups by completing this form.
Browse the book lists