Libraries are more than just books, you can:
- use free WiFi
- renew and request books from home
- download e-books and audio books for free
- access online magazines via RBdigital
Volunteer at Dorset Libraries
Self help books in your local library
Reading Well promotes the benefits of reading for health and wellbeing.
The programme has two strands:
Reading Well for young people recommends expert endorsed books about mental health, providing 13 to 18 year olds with advice and information about issues like anxiety, stress and OCD, and difficult experiences like bullying and exams.
The books have all been recommended by young people and health professionals, and are available to borrow for free from public libraries.
The Dorset Award and Dorset Award plus
These awards are available free to any young person in school in Dorset who is in:
These awards recognise the achievements a young person has made during their contact with a youth project such as:
- personal development, such as a change in behaviour, building self-esteem or leadership skills
- making a positive contribution to their local community
- learning a new skill
- organising an activity or event