Download e-magazines for free with your library card
As a Member of Dorset Libraries you can check out as many magazine issues as you like:
- choose from around 200 different titles across a wide range of genres including:
- computers and technology
- current affairs
- food and cooking
- science and nature
- home and garden
- checkout editions for 7 days simply by opening them. Loans expire from your personal Magazine Rack automatically after 7 days but if you haven't finished reading them you can renew for a further 7 days as many times as you like
- opt to subscribe to a title to receive notifications each time a new edition becomes available
- checkout as many editions as you like at any one time, there are no loan limits!
- titles are always available to checkout so you won't ever need to reserve them
- download or stream them to your tablet, smartphone, PC or laptop
- all titles are unabridged, interactive and in full colour
- available at the same time as they appear on newsagents shelves
- Each title comes with up to 3 years of back issues to explore
Access to digital content is provided by a third-party supplier who delivers access to the platform and content through their own systems. Please be aware that the supplier will be the data controller for the information it collects. The supplier has servers in the US and have their own terms and conditions which you will need to read before choosing to use their service.
The Library Service is not responsible for third-party content, and the information you share with the third-party supplier.
Get the app
For smartphone or tablet
Either go to the Libbyapp (click on the large circle in the middle of the page at the bottom of the screen), click on 'Add a library' and select your local library and then log on with your library membership number & PIN, or you can download the free Libby app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
For Windows, Mac and Chromebook
If you have a Windows or Mac computer or a Chromebook you will need to log on to the Libbyapp as there isn't a separate app available for these devices.