Download e-magazines for free with your library card
As a Member of Dorset Libraries you can check out as many magazine issues as you like:
- choose from around 3,000 different titles across a wide range of genres including computers & technology, crafts, current affairs, entertainment, food & cooking, lifestyle, science & nature, sports and home & garden
- checkout editions for 21 days. Loans expire automatically after 21 days but if you haven't finished reading them you can renew for a further 21 days as many times as you like
- checkout as many editions as you like at any one time - there are no loan limits!
- titles are always available to checkout so you won't ever need to reserve them
- download or stream them to your tablet, smartphone, PC or laptop
- all titles are unabridged, interactive and in full colour
- available at the same time as they appear on newsagents shelves
- each title comes with at least 12 months of back issues to explore
Get the app
For smartphone or tablet
Either go to the Libbyapp (click on the large circle in the middle of the page at the bottom of the screen), click on 'Add a library' and select your local library and then log on with your library membership number & PIN, or you can download the free Libby app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
For Windows, Mac and Chromebook
If you have a Windows or Mac computer or a Chromebook you will need to log on to the Libbyapp as there isn't a separate app available for these devices.
For Kindle Fire
If you have a Kindle Fire please go to Overdrive and select the OverDrive app.
Not yet a library member? No problem - just join online and you can use your new digital membership number and PIN to log on to Libby and start checking out digital magazines straight away!
If you are a member but have forgotten your PIN please go to the home page of this website, click on 'Log in' at the top of the page and then 'Forgot my PIN'. We will send you an automated email to allow you to reset your PIN. If this doesn't work please email us at email@example.com.
Further help and advice is available on the Libby website and Libby app.
You will need your Dorset library card number and a PIN number to log in. You can also download an app to your device to read magazines offline.