Our social workers come from all walks of life. This means we have a diverse range of colleagues who have studied in various universities - some from across the world!
We invest in you and want to make sure you have the tools and resources at your fingertips to excel in your role.
We can offer you:
- induction tools: we give you clear guidance on what to expect when you join us. Your journey will be supported from day one with a mentor and regular reviews
- latest news: we keep you up to date with what's happening in social care locally, nationally and globally - and what this means for us in Dorset
- tools for the job: we know how busy the role of a social worker is. Our tools for the job area has 'quick view' pages on topics and areas you need to know about every day in your role. Things change quickly in this world so we support your research by looking for the best resources out there and making them available to you through The Academy
- training in role: we give you clear guidance on what training is required within your first 6 months and beyond. We partner with local universities, for example Bournemouth and Exeter as well as agencies and organisations, for example the Pan-Dorset and Wiltshire Social Work Teaching Partnership (PDWTP)
- career development area: understand what's required to enter your next role and beyond by researching roles across Children's Services, allowing you to proactively plan your next step
Take a look at some of the pages on The Academy: