In order to be eligible for the Apprenticeship you must:
- be able to work full time for 18 or 26 months and agree to comply with DC’s policies and procedures
- agree to complete and record 20% off-job-training which will be delivered at college and in the workplace
- agree to take an active role in your learning which will include a mixture of academic and practical subjects
- agree to complete the requirements for functional skills Maths and English before your End Point Assessment (as necessary)
- have an interest in pursuing a career in countryside management
- use the post as a first step into a career
We do not use age as criteria for selecting apprentices. Any application will be processed through the selection procedure in the same way. All apprentices will be asked about any additional learning support they may require to complete the apprenticeship – no apprentice will be disadvantaged due to the learning support they may need.
If you have other qualifications in an environmental or countryside management subject, we will consider your application on an individual basis. We need to make sure that you will not be duplicating training already carried out in your previous qualification and that you will be committed to achieving your Apprenticeship.