Living in Dorset
Great reasons to live and work in Dorset
Your future in Dorset means not only a fulfilling career but a fantastic place to find your happy. Life is for living so transform your own life as well as the lives of those you work with and come and join us in Dorset.
Listen to our employees - they are the best people to tell you why Dorset and Dorset Council is the best place to live and work.
Search and apply for jobs in adult social care
Here's a few more great reasons why Dorset is the place to be:
- 364 more hours of sunshine throughout the year in comparison to the UK average
- life expectancy in Dorset is higher than the national average
- 93% of Dorset’s schools have been rated good or outstanding by Ofsted
- 97% of Dorset has superfast broadband coverage
- half of the county is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- the spectacular Jurassic Coast – the only natural World Heritage Site in England
- 100 miles of coastline with award-winning beaches in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Swanage and Weymouth
- award-winning local produce draws in chefs such as Lesley Waters, Mark Hix, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Rick Stein
- cultural heritage: writers Thomas Hardy, Jane Austen and Enid Blyton and artists Paul Nash, JW Turner and Charles Rennie Mackintosh drew inspiration from Dorset
- festivals including Camp Bestival and the Great Dorset Steam Fair, plus nettle-eating, fossils, kites, waistcoats, arts, film, literature, walking, food, drink, flowers and hats!
- thriving market towns and villages with a strong sense of community and identity
- historic castles and lots of family attractions
- new housing developments provide a range of housing types
Take a closer look at what Dorset has to offer
Visit Dorset is the official tourism website for Dorset. Here you can find out more about the wonderful place Dorset is and why we love living and working here.
Icoast tells you everything you need about exploring the spectacular Dorset coast.