Insulation Grants from Healthy Homes Dorset
Healthy Homes Dorset aims to help all Dorset residents get free impartial energy advice and access to a wide range of grants for cavity wall, loft insulation and heating. The service is available to tenants, landlords and owner-occupiers Contact Healthy Homes Dorset for more information.
Keep warm this winter
Do you find it hard to pay your gas and electricity bills?
- is your home hard to heat?
- would you like to check you are getting all the benefits and financial help you are entitled to?
- is keeping warm in winter made more difficult by poor health, having a disability, mental health issues, having young children under 5, or living 'off gas'?
If you answered 'YES' to one of these questions, contact Dorset Community Action who can help with advice, benefit claims, switching energy suppliers, home improvements, loans and grants.
Home Energy Conservation
Under the Home Energy Conservation Act 1995 (HECA), councils are required to publish regular progress reports on how they have:
- improved the energy efficiency of domestic dwellings in their area
- helped to reduce carbon emissions associated with housing
For more information please read the Dorset councils latest HECA Report.
Our Flexible Eligibility (FE) using the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is detailed in our Statement of Intent (January 2022). This details how Dorset local authorities have set their own eligibility for the funding of domestic energy efficiency measures. You can also see our superseded Statement of Intent (March 2019) and Statement of Intent (May 2018).