Snow clearance on carriageways is carried out on a priority basis.
When snowfall is light, snow clearance will initially take place on the precautionary salting network.
During heavy and prolonged snowfall, Dorset Highways may need to focus resources on clearing and treating the priority ploughing network. Once this network is clear, resources will be directed to clear the rest of the precautionary salting network. This will be followed with clearing the community link routes.
Snow clearance of some minor routes is carried out by local farmers and contractors under agreement with Dorset Highways. Snow clearance on other minor routes will be carried out as resources permit, residential routes and cul-de-sacs will be left to thaw naturally.
Snow clearance on footways and cycleways will only be carried out by Dorset Highways if resources are available. Some towns and parishes will carry out clearing of priority footways, including shopping areas and other well used paths.
Priority ploughing network
- A37 - A35 Monkeys Jump to Somerset boundary
- A30 - Shaftesbury to Yeovil, Somerset boundary
- A35 - Bere Regis to Holes Bay Roundabout
- A354 - Easton Square, Portland to A35, Tesco Roundabout
- A354 - junction A35 to Blandford
- A354/A350 Blandford Bypass
- A354 - Blandford to Wiltshire boundary
- A350 - A35 Bakers Arms to A31 roundabout
- A350 - A31 roundabout to A354 Blandford
- A350 - Blandford to Shaftesbury to Wiltshire boundary
- B3073 - A35 to Blackwater Junction
- B3073 - Blackwater Junction to A31 Canford Bottom Roundabout
- A348 - A31 Tricketts Cross to Bear Cross Roundabout
- A352/A351 - Dorchester to Wareham to A35 Bakers Arms Roundabout
- A353 - A352 Warmwell Roundabout to Weymouth
- A3066 - Bridport to Misterton, Somerset boundary
- A356 - junction A37 to Misterton, Somerset boundary
- A352 - A37 Charminster to A30 Sherborne
- A3030 - A352 Sherborne to A357 Lydlinch
- A351 - Swanage to Wareham
- A357 - Blandford to Henstridge
- B3081 - Shaftesbury to Gillingham to A303