Winter can throw all sorts at us in Dorset. It could be plunging temperatures, high winds or flooding, leading to being stuck at or away from home, power disruption, fire, or managing our health at home.
We try our best to maintain services, but we could be disrupted too. Be ready with these simple steps:
- sign up to alerts and priority support
- watch for updates on disrupted services from us
- have a household emergency action plan for being ready at and away from home
- put together a grab bag with essential items and information
- take essential steps to be safe at home and on the road
- be warm and well
- be part of our community resilience
Get alerts and news
Dorset Council updates and service disruption information
Sign up to Dorset Council News, our e-newsletter.
Our disrupted services web page shows the status of our key services and guidance if a service is disrupted.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
Flood and weather warnings
Sign up for severe weather warnings or search #WeatherReady on Twitter.
Download SSEN’s free Power Track app for local power cut information and updates
Emergency services updates
Follow Dorset Police on Facebook or on Twitter
Follow Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service on Facebook or Twitter
Tune into radio stations for news
BBC Radio Solent 96.1 & 103.8 FM
BBC2 88-91 FM
Heart Radio 102.3 FM
Greatest Hits Radio 97.2 FM