Working with Adults with Autism
The Dorset Council Adult and Community Services current pricing policy is under review and may change later in the year.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- have confidence in recognising Autism and understanding that it is a spectrum disorder
- have an increased confidence in communicating appropriately with people with Autism
- have an increased awareness of sensory sensitivity or under-sensitivity
- explore good practice in transition from children to adult services
- explore ways in which services could be adapted, reasonable adjustments, made more accessible, etc
- develop skills in supporting customers to increase their independence
- have an increased awareness of dual diagnosis
- understand how the law, research and evidence-based practice relates to case studies
Adult & Community Services, IVP Sector
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.