Working with Adults with Autism
There are currently no courses available. This page will be updated with future dates.
The Dorset Council People- Adults pricing policy will be changing from 1st April 2020 as follows:
- full day course- £50 per attendee
- half day course- £40 per attendee
Please be aware that these costs will also be incurred for attendees who are classified as a ‘late cancellation’ - cancels their place within 1 week of the course date - or a ‘no show’ on the day of the course.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- have confidence in recognising Autism and understanding that it is a spectrum disorder
- have an increased confidence in communicating appropriately with people with Autism
- have an increased awareness of sensory sensitivity or under-sensitivity
- explore good practice in transition from children to adult services
- explore ways in which services could be adapted, reasonable adjustments, made more accessible, etc
- develop skills in supporting customers to increase their independence
- have an increased awareness of dual diagnosis
- understand how the law, research and evidence-based practice relates to case studies
Adult & Community Services, IVP Sector
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.