Mental Capacity Act training for staff in the Independent, Voluntary and Private Sector
To have an overview of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to apply it, make best interest decisions and understand the deprivation of liberty process.
The Dorset Council People- Adults pricing policy will be changing from 1st April 2020 as follows:
- full day course- £50 per attendee
- half day course- £40 per attendee
Please be aware that these costs will also be incurred for attendees who are classified as a ‘late cancellation’ - cancels their place within 1 week of the course date - or a ‘no show’ on the day of the course.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- understand the process of assessing capacity and the thresholds for decisions
- perform the practical skills needed to assess capacity
- ensure appropriate record keeping
- understand the process of making Best Interest Decisions
- understand who needs to be involved in Best Interest Decision making
- perform the practical skills needed to assess Best Interests
- understand how to ensure appropriate record keeping
- depending on which sector you are in, you will understand what Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding is
- depending on which sector you are in, you will understand what information is needed and the tools and contacts to complete this whether that is applying for a Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards or going to the Court of Protection
Independent, Voluntary and Private Sector.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.