Financial Capacity and Best Interest Decisions
To have an overview of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to apply it, make best interest decisions and understand the deprivation of liberty process.
The Dorset Council Adult and Community Services current pricing policy is under review and may change later in the year.
The course aim is to increase the knowledge of support providers and social care staff in how to assist customers with their finances e.g. budgeting, choices, record keeping, etc.
It also aims to increase the confidence of learners, so they are better equipped to assess capacity and make Best Interest Decisions.
- rational for BID record keeping and best practice
- introduction to and practice of supported decision making
- overview of MCA particularly relating to finances
- overview of options including power of attorney, appointee and deputy
- brief overview of working with a financial advocacy service
- brief overview of welfare benefits
- overview of key banking options and regulations
Adult & Community Services, Independent, Voluntary and Private Sector.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.