Our courses for safeguarding adults
We are now able to offer courses on these dates:
- 8 September 2021
- 6 October 2021
All courses will be:
- from 9:30am to 4pm
- held on Zoom
- cost £50
Look out for more dates we'll add in the future.
Cost of safeguarding adults courses
The Dorset Council People- Adults pricing policy changed from 1 April 2020 to:
- full day course - £50 per attendee
- half day course - £40 per attendee
These costs will also be incurred for attendees who are classified as a late cancellation, meaning who cancel their place within 1 week of the course date, or a ‘no show’ on the day of the course.
Aim of our safeguarding adults courses
To raise awareness of adult abuse and the responsibility of staff as detailed in local safeguarding adult’s policy and procedures.
Participants will be provided with the knowledge to enable them to undertake the safeguarding role within their workplace.
Learning objectives for our courses
Our learning objectives are to:
- understand what adult safeguarding is as defined in the Care Act 2014 and Statutory Guidance
- know how to Make Safeguarding Personal (MSP) and apply the Wellbeing Principle
- know how to show dignity and respect for service users when working with them
- recognise adults in need of safeguarding by identifying indicators and types of harm
- understand the procedures for raising a safeguarding concern
- increase knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation
Target group for our courses
Our target group is staff in a variety of roles within independent or voluntary care providers.
Apply for this safeguarding adults course
Request a place on this safeguarding adults course.