We are now able to offer the courses shown below.
|15 July 2021||Via Zoom||9:30am to 4pm||Free||Places available|
|5 October 2021||Via Zoom||9:30am to 4pm||Free||Places available|
|2 December 2021||Via Zoom||9:30am to 4pm||Free||Places available|
Please note it is expected that those attending will have already completed a Dementia Awareness course, either online or face to face.
By the end of the course delegates will have a greater understanding of the following:
- types of dementia
- causes of dementia
- Alzheimer’s Disease, Vascular Dementia, Lewy Body
- Frontal Temporal Dementias & Wernicke Korakoff
- Mental Test Scores to measure function
- Delirium definition causes and assessment
- review of memory function of dementia suffers and challenges processing information
- ethics in dementia care, truth telling, sexuality, ‘best interest’ decisions
- consent and confidentiality in dementia care
- managing dementia care in compliance with covid-19 regulations
- coronavirus impact of social isolation/social distancing and PPE on individuals and families living with dementia and their overall wellbeing
- adopting a person-centered approach to dementia care
- End of Life Planning and adapting to new ways of working with dementia care and COVID-19
People working with those who have, or who are at risk of developing dementia.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.