A 'one-shop stop' providing a complete landscape design, build and maintenance service.
About our service
- with our local knowledge, strong network and excellent reputation across Dorset, we can provide a comprehensive, cost effective and professional service
- our unique selling point is the seamless link between design, build and ongoing maintenance which streamlines our service and helps to make significant long term revenue savings
- economies of scale ensure that the tendered grounds contracts deliver value for money
- landscape and grounds services delivered to a high standard (British Standard 4428: 1989) which will enhance the appearance and educational use of your premises, ensure safety to all users and improve the reputation of the school
- trained, experienced and professional workforce and managers
- full range of well-maintained vehicles, plant and equipment
Landscape design and build
The team has an experienced and qualified Chartered Landscape Architect and qualified Assistant Landscape Architect who can prepare site plans and sketches for your enhancement projects. These are a simple and effective way to illustrate new ideas and will ensure all requirements are "designed in" from the start including ongoing maintenance considerations.
Overall site management plans can also be prepared to ensure long term maintenance requirements are budgeted in and understood for new or existing grounds.
At present this design and planning service is free if the project is implemented by landscape services. The landscape services contractors can follow up in the construction of new designs
We have experience in a wide range of hard and soft construction:
- tree, woodland and ornamental planting
- artificial play surfacing; artificial grass and rubber surfacing
- shade sails and pergolas
- play equipment and trim trails
- raised beds and growing areas
- paving and walling
- seeding and turfing
- native planting areas; meadows, ponds and woodlands
- pathways in stone, gravel, woodchip and tarmac
- fencing and gates
- ponds, swales and water features including dipping platforms
- sports facilities
- advice on new or existing wildlife areas
Our portfolio of current work is available to download and view.
The ongoing maintenance of any site or new project is then transferred to our maintenance contractors to ensure it is maintained to the agreed design, plan or agreement.
We provide a comprehensive landscape maintenance service based on:
- over 30 years local experience so you can be confident in our long term commitment
- a collaborative approach, giving value for money and a friendly, high quality service which includes free advice
- close partnership working with internal colleagues such as Ecologists, Arboriculture Team, Eco-Schools and Countryside Rangers and with external consultants such as Sports Turf Research Institute and Learning Through Landscapes
- Service Level Agreements; bespoke SLAs can be prepared based on agreed levels of maintenance frequency and standards to suit your budgets
Maintenance works include:
- grass cutting and strimming by hand, tractor or ride-on
- hedgerow maintenance; cutting, trimming, laying
- herbicide and other weed control
- sports pitch services
- hard surface/multi use games area maintenance
- shrub border and herbaceous border maintenance
- specialist maintenance of dedicated nature conservation and wildlife areas such as heathland, meadow, woodland and wetland
- paths and driveways
- playgrounds and play equipment
- leaf and litter blowing / collection
- pruning and minor tree work
Schools must adhere to current legislation including the Health and Safety at Work Act. 1974, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Control of Pesticide Regulations, Food and Environmental Protection Act.