Help support the work of the rangers in the park by becoming a Friend of Avon Heath.
Avon Heath is Dorset's largest country park and is home to internationally important heathland and rare wildlife. Being a friend of Avon Heath entitles you to a number of benefits and significantly helps to support the work of the rangers and the park's wildlife.
There are many benefits to becoming a friend of Avon Heath:
- quarterly newsletter about the wildlife, conservation work and upcoming events at the park
- updates on volunteering events if requested
- 10% discount on all gifts in the Visitor Centre shop
- 10% discount on hot drinks in the cafe
- an annual car parking permit for either the main car park or a 'walkers' permit for the two outlying car parks and off-peak admittance to the main car park
Membership options and cost
Main car park permit
£40 for annual membership which includes a car park permit solely for the main car park for any day of the week from 8am to 7.30pm.
This membership does not allow access to the outlying car parks.
Walkers' car parks' permit
£30 for annual membership including a parking permit for the two outlying car parks (Birch Road and Boundary Lane) as well as access to the main car park at off peak times (8am - 10.30am and after 4pm). Car park charges apply for access to the main car park outside these times. A parking permit is essential to park at the outlying car parks.
Please check our additional information before purchasing a permit:
- permits are for one car per household. There is an additional cost of £10 to add a second car from the same household (proof will be requested such as V5 car registration documents for both vehicles)
- membership runs for 12 months from the date you join
- becoming a member does not guarantee a parking space; the car parks are available on a first come first served basis
Become a friend
Call into the Visitor Centre between 10am and 4pm and the rangers can issue membership for immediate use providing applicants agree to adhere to park conditions (credit/debit card payment accepted).
Applications are welcome from responsible park users including dog walkers. We have a dog walking code which we ask all dog walkers to read, agree to and sign before they become a member.
If the management of the park considers a dog's behaviour to not be in accordance with the points stated in the code, then the owner will relinquish their parking permit and forfeit their membership and fees.