Register to vote for upcoming elections
Register to vote
Your name must be on the electoral register if you want to vote in elections. You can register to vote online - you will need to give your National Insurance number and date of birth. To check if you're already registered, contact Electoral Services on 01305 838299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can register to vote
To register to vote in England, you must be aged 16 or over (in England, you can vote when you're 18 or over) and also be one of the following:
- a British citizen
- an Irish or EU citizen living in the UK
- a Commonwealth citizen who has permission to enter or stay in the UK, or who does not need permission
Check which elections you’re eligible to vote in.
View further information on registration for the following:
How to register
The easiest way to register is online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
Alternatively, please contact Electoral Services and we can send you a paper form to complete and return.
- you are respsonible for registering to vote (paying council tax does not mean that you are automatically registered to vote)
- you will need to give your date of birth and national insurance number when you register
- we might need to email or write to you asking for more information so that your registration can be completed. If you're worried an email may be a scam, you can contact Electoral Services to check
- once you are registered, you don't need to register again unless you change your address