Youth advice and information centres
Find out about our youth advice and information centres, where they are and what advice they can offer you.
Dorset Award and Dorset Award Plus
Targeted youth offer
Through our localities we will:
- support the voluntary and community sector to provide positive opportunities for young people providing things to do, places to go and someone to talk to
- liaise with schools, community organisations, police, and other agencies to support young people at risk of harm outside their home
- engage young people in youth work opportunities to provide young people with the help they need. This might include detached and outreach work, group work and one to one
- promote social action, helping young people play an active role in their communities through volunteering or having a say in how local communities are run
We provide youth work training to groups and individuals across the county. Contact our Training and Development Youth Worker for more information.
Dorset youth fund grant 2023 to 2024
The Dorset youth fund grant is a project and activity fund for youth centres and clubs.
The aim of the fund is to provide a wide range of positive activities for young people, including support for vulnerable young people whose needs might otherwise escalate. It improves the wellbeing of young people in the Dorset Council area by helping them to:
- have healthy and active lives
- be safe from harm and have the help they need
- be prepared for adult life
We offer from £500 to £5,000 to support the council deliver the priorities set out in our Children Young People and Families plan.
The Dorset Youth Fund is closed for applications for this financial year.
Support for Dorset Youth Association
We support Dorset Youth Association. They deliver infrastructure support to voluntary youth workers and clubs across Dorset.
On average 60 clubs and groups benefit from a wide range of support; this includes DBS clearances and free training around:
- child protection
- first aid
- health and safety
Additional resources for communities
See our online tools and resources for supporting communities, which include tools for funding and running a club.