UK Youth Parliament is a programme run by the British Youth Council. They provide opportunities for 11 to 18 year olds to use their voice in creative ways to bring about social change.
Every year Dorset's young people elect:
- 2 members of UK Youth Parliament (MYP)
- 2 deputy members of Youth Parliament (DMYP)
These members represent Dorset nationally. They attend national events throughout the year including:
- the UK Youth Parliament's annual sitting
- the annual House of Commons debate
Get updates about UKYP
Find out more up to date information about Dorset Youth:
Follow us on Instagram
Anyone can join Youth Voice Forums at any time to raise awareness of young people's issues.
There are different channels you can use to share your views on issues affecting young people.
By joining these groups, events or forums you can:
- raise awareness of specific issues that affect young people
- help improve skills
- gain new skills and meet new people
If you're interested contact Ann.
Dorset Young Facilitators
We're looking for young people who want to train and develop themselves in facilitation, for example, leading a meeting, and leadership.
Throughout the year we will have paid opportunities for 16 to 25 year olds to help us lead or facilitate sessions.