Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice.

Mobility vehicles, car adaptations and equipment for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)

If you are unable to use a standard car due to your needs, you could:

  • get a specialist vehicle
  • have a car adapted
  • get equipment for your car

Motability vehicles

If your needs make it hard for you to get about, and you receive a benefit for this, you can get a vehicle from Motability. You can use your benefit to lease a vehicle such as a car, mobility scooter or powered wheelchair. You will pay for the lease of the vehicle, but it will not belong to you. If you stop receiving your benefit for any reason, you will have to return the vehicle.

See if you can join the Motability scheme and find out more​.

Adaptations and equipment

Contact Driving Mobility to find out about vehicle adaptations and equipment.

Can I get help with the cost of driving?

To help with the costs, you may be able to get:​

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.