Local Offer: preparing for adulthood

Transition to adulthood

Moving from Children's Services to Adult Social Care is often called transition. Find out what happens when you move.

If you're eligible, you may be offered a transitions assessment.

Find out about how to prepare for your transitions assessment meeting in our easy-read factsheet.

Mental capacity act

Find out about the mental capacity act and how it affects you.

Sign up to receive our SEND e-newsletter

Get useful information and updates about services and activities for families with children with SEND in Dorset.