Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice, including help if you are struggling financially

Emergency contacts and services who can help you to stay safe

Emergency contacts

You should keep a record of emergency contact numbers to hand when you are at home, or out an about. Such as on the fridge, by the phone, in your bag or diary.

Numbers you should have include:

  • your parent or carer
  • a neighbour or someone living close by
  • your Support worker
  • NHS non-emergency - 111 (if you're ill and need medical advice)
  • Ambulance, police and Fire service emergency number - 999
  • Police non-emergency - 101
  • your local doctor


Safe and Independent Living (SAIL)

SAIL can support you to stay safe and living independently. The support can include:
  • advice and information
  • equipment
  • home safety checks
  • information about local social activities

Find out more about SAIL.

Fire safety visits

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service offer Safe and Well visits. This is where they visit your home for free to help you make your home safer.

They can fit free smoke alarms, and give you safety advice. This includes topics like cooking safely and what to do if there is a fire.

Start now

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.