Being a member of The Xchange won't cost you anything. You can join us if:
- you are the parent or carer of a child who is disabled. This means that your child has a 'physical or mental impairment and the impairment has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities' (The Equality Act 2010) and
- the main residence of both you and your child is with the Dorset Council area (excluding the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (BCP) area) and
- your child is under 19 years
Join The Xchange
Complete our application form to join The Xchange.
Benefits of joining The Xchange
The Xchange isn't just a website... If you're a parent or carer you can get so much more by becoming a member, including:
- a Dorset Max Card for your child which gives you discounts for venues and events
- a carer's discount card for you
- automatic sign up to regular newsletters by email
- email updates with important news and information
- online Dorset Short Breaks Care Passport
- opportunities to have your say on SEND services
Joining or leaving The Xchange does not affect your entitlement to services such as health and social care. You can unsubscribe from the Xchange newsletter if you want to without losing your Dorset Max Card.
Update your details on The Xchange
You can ask to update your details in The Xchange at any time. You can also ask us to remove your details from our records.
Contact us if you want to update your details.
Leave The Xchange
You can ask to leave The Xchange at any time. You can also ask us to remove your details from our records.
Contact us if you want to leave The Xchange.