About The Xchange
COVID update for Dorset Max Card and Carers Card
We're still processing your applications.
We're still issuing the Dorset Max Card so you should receive it soon after joining.
Your Carers Card may be delayed during lockdown. We will issue your Carers Card as soon as we can.
Thank you for your understanding. We wish you and your family well.
The Xchange is dedicated to improving communication and information for families with children who are disabled across the Dorset Council area. It's part of our Local Offer for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The Xchange was created in response to requests from families for more relevant information.
About The Xchange
The Xchange has been developed with Dorset Parent Carer Council (DPCC) to benefit Dorset families with children who are disabled.
It's called The Xchange because it's all about exchanging:
- information and news needed by families and by professionals working with them
- information we need to help create better services
The information and news that families need
The information and news in The Xchange comes from a range of sources like:
- local family information services, including the Dorset Family Information Service
- other websites
- providers who work with families
- families themselves
Information we need to help create better services
Your application form for The Xchange automatically provides us with details to keep a record of children in our area who are disabled. This is a government requirement.
The record means you're helping us to:
- know more about the needs of children who are disabled and their families across Dorset
- have clearer information on where services and resources need to be allocated
As a member of The Xchange we may contact you to ask for your help to provide other useful information we need, for example through surveys or asking for your feedback.Of course, it's optional for you to respond.
Join The Xchange
Find out how to join The Xchange.