The Xchange network is for families with children and young people who are disabled. It allows us and families to share information and helps us to create better services.
The network has over 1200 member families across Dorset. Our members make regular use of our website, and enjoy membership benefits. This includes our monthly newsletter.
Members have access to information on a range of topics as well as the following benefits:
- children and young people registered on the Xchange get a Dorset Max Card (discount card)
- each month families receive a newsletter, the Xchange Enews. This contains local news and up-to-date information on clubs, support groups and activities
- carers can create an online Care Passport for use with service providers
- carers can get a free Dorset Carers Card. This gives them a range of discounts and benefits
Membership of The Xchange is completely free. You can join if:
- you are the parent/carer of a child who is disabled - see definition of disability
- both you and your child live within Dorset (this excludes Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole)
- your child is under 19 years of age
The Xchange newsletter
See the latest Xchange Enews. If you would like to receive the newsletter, register as a member of the Xchange.
How to join
Join online on the Xchange website.
If you're unable to use the online form, print and submit a paper application or ask for a copy from the Xchange Administrator.
Visit the Xchange website or email the Xchange Administrator.
Find information in Christchurch
Find information about arrangements for families of children who are disabled in Christchurch.