This is how it works:

  1. Someone who's worried about you will call social services.
  2. A professional from social services will visit your house and speak to you and your family to find out what's happening. The professional is usually a social worker.
  3. The adult will ask to speak to you on your own so you can say how you feel.
  4. After this, if the professionals are worried about you there'll be a meeting with you, your family and other professionals to see how they can all help to keep you safe. This is called a child protection conference.

Get in touch for more information:

Dorset Council Youth Voice

Name: Ann Haigh
Tel: 01305225579
Full contact details