What is the Dorset Promise?
You are corporate parents for children and young people who are or have been in care. Your role is to listen, value and act on their views, feelings and lived experiences.
The children and young people have asked that you:
- give them a safe and stable home
- help them do well in education
- keep them safe
- be honest with them
- work together with them
- provide them with support and opportunities to enjoy life
- help them look to their future
- listen to them at:
- corporate parenting board meetings
- Children in Care Council activities
- through their annual satisfaction report
Get in touch for more information: