Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice.

Early Years Pupil Premium funding

If your child is 3 or 4 years old, your childcare provider may be eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium funding. They would get up to £300 a year to improve the education of your child.

How this could help your child?

Your child could:

  • have access to extra resources and equipment suited to their needs
  • have new play, learning and activity experiences
  • be more prepared for starting school

Childcare providers have to show to Ofsted how they have used the funds to improve your child's education. If your child moves to another provider, and you are still eligible, your funding will get transferred.

Do I qualify?

Your childcare provider may be able to get the funding if you receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income support
  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit (as long as you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit Run-on, paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit and earn no more than £7,400 a year
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit

You may also be eligible if your child:

  • has been looked after by the local authority in care for at least one day
  • has been adopted from care
  • has left care through special guardianship
  • is subject to a child arrangement order

What do I need to do?

If you think you are eligible, talk to your childcare provider. They will check if you are eligible and will apply for the funding.

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.