Support while you study

For parents at sixth form or in full-time higher or further education, find out what help you can get whilst you study.

Are you a grandparent or family member who provides childcare for a child under 12 years old?

If you're a grandparent or relative who has taken early retirement to look after a relative's child, you could get National Insurance (NI) credits to protect your pension. Find out more about Specified Adult Childcare credits.

Share your views about childcare

Let us know what you think about childcare provision in Dorset. We want to understand your childcare needs as parents, foster carers and family members.

Complete our childcare provision survey to let us know about your needs and experiences of childcare.

Contact us

Contact us if you need advice on finding childcare or funding:

Family Information Service - Dorset Council

Tel: 01305 221066
Full contact details