Children's Centre services and activities
Services and activities
Our Children's Centres are part of our Family Partnership Zones (FPZs). Our FPZs are part of our whole family offer for early help. The support is aimed at families who may be struggling and need more help.
Find a Children's Centre
Find and contact your nearest Children's Centre in Dorset.
Sure Start Children's Centre's aim to help families, from pregnancy through to primary school. They do this by providing:
- services and activities needed in the community
- information, support, and answers to enquiries
The service and support will differ at each centre, but they could offer:
- parenting advice, support and information
- home visits for families
- play and learn sessions which can help you support your child's development
- groups for parents with children who have extra needs
- breastfeeding groups
- access to a range of health services. Such as mental health, sexual health and contraception
- information and advice about how to improve your skills and find work
- advice for young parents
- information on financial and housing matters
- groups for dads
- helping to stay healthy with advice on nutrition, weaning and stopping smoking
- links to childcare providers and advice about help paying for childcare
- support with the effects of domestic abuse
If you are worried and have concerns about a child, go to our child protection page.
Children's Centre nurseries
We have 2 nurseries and an out of school club at our Children's Centres. Find out about our nurseries and out of school club.
Find out how you can get involved in your local Children's Centre.
You can help by:
- having your say to improve your local Family Partnership Zone
- donating to a Children's Centre
- volunteering at a Children's Centre
- running your own parent and toddler group