Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Consumer advice and reporting a business to Trading Standards

Consumer advice is provided by Citizens Advice, who help with consumer problems when something has gone wrong with a purchase of goods or services. 

Reporting to Trading Standards

Citizens Advice is also the place to report a business to Trading Standards that you think has broken the law or has acted unfairly. Citizens Advice will take the details and will pass it to Trading Standards who will use the information you give to decide whether to investigate.

Ways to contact Citizens Advice:

Chat with us

The webchat service hosted on this page is delivered by the Citizens Advice consumer service, who work closely with our Trading Standards team.

They can offer advice and collect details of any issues we need to know about. More information about their work can be found on the Citizens Advice website.


Citizens Advice’s privacy policy explains how they will use your data .If you do not wish to contact Citizens Advice, please do not use this webchat option.

Visit the website

Visit the Citizens Advice website.

Call the helpline

Call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06.

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.