Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice, including help if you are struggling financially

Animal postal records scheme

All livestock keepers are required by law to keep records of all their livestock movements, births and deaths. It is our responsibility to make sure that these records are maintained accurately. 

One way of doing this would be for us to visit all livestock keepers. However, having listened to farmers who regularly say that they get too many visits from government agencies, we decided to use a different approach. Now we use the records that are sent back to decide who we should visit. Livestock keepers who do not send back their records will be targeted as a higher priority than those that send back clear and accurate records.

Download a record book

Movement Record

Flock Record

Veterinary Medicine Administration Record

Get sent a record book

You need to fill out the books in duplicate using the carbon paper provided. When you receive a request from us, the duplicate page can be removed and returned. We will give you a pre-paid envelope to return the records.

Request for Animal Record Form(s)

I keep records in a different way

The postal movement records scheme also recognises that many livestock keepers use other ways of recording the animal movements, such as a computer. If livestock keepers are happy with their own system then we don't want to change it. Instead, when you get a request for a copy, a printout or a photocopy can be sent.

We hope that all livestock keepers find the books useful and easy to use. If you have any questions then please contact us.

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.