Apply for a street trading licence in the Weymouth and Portland area
Some types of trade are legally exempt from the need to obtain a street trading licence. These include:
- a person/persons holding a charitable street collection permit issued by the council
- a person trading as a pedlar under licence issued by a Police Authority
- trade carried out by roundsmen e.g. milkmen
- trade carried on at a petrol filling station
- a news vendor selling only newspapers and periodicals
- a market trader operating at a licensed market venue
- trading on private land may not need a consent. The landowner may need planning permission. Contact us to check.
There is a fee for street trading pitches.
Charities pay a discounted rate on pitches and can also fundraise in the town centre free of charge (on up to 4 occasions a year) providing they do not impinge on any of the designated street trading pitches or cause an obstruction.
How to apply
You should read the street trading policy before you apply.
For more information and an application form, please contact the licensing team.