Booking a birth registration appointment online
Before you attend
We can only register births that occurred in the Dorset Council area. This does not include Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are self-isolating, vulnerable or shielding you must not attend an appointment. If you do attend and are displaying symptoms, the registrar reserves the right to end the appointment.
A maximum of 2 people are allowed in the building, however you may also bring your baby. If you are married or in a civil partnership you do not both need to attend, we would encourage one of you to come alone if possible.
From 8 August, please wear a face covering when attending an appointment.
When you arrive
- the main office doors will be closed and you should not arrive until 5 minutes before your appointment
- please ring the doorbell and you will be let in
- you will need to use hand sanitiser provided before seeing the registrar
- no payment will be accepted at the appointment
- 2 metre social distancing must be maintained at all times
This information will be emailed to you once you've booked an appointment. Please ensure you have read and understood it.
Our safety measures
- we have configured our office space to ensure 2 metre distance can be maintained at all times
- our offices are fitted with Perspex screens
- registrars will be disinfecting surfaces and handwashing between each appointment
- we are limiting the numbers of people allowed in the building/at appointments
I have read and understood the above and want to continue