Before you attend
We can only register births that occurred in the Dorset Council area. This does not include Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are self-isolating, vulnerable or shielding you must not attend an appointment. If you do attend and are displaying symptoms, the registrar reserves the right to end the appointment.
Please wear a face covering when attending an appointment.
Who can attend
Only the parents and the baby may attend the appointment. However, please note that the baby does not need to be brought to the appointment. If parents are married only one parent needs to attend; we would strongly encourage only one of you to attend if possible, to minimise contact.
No one else, including other children, will be allowed into the building.
When you arrive
- please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment and ring the doorbell at the main entrance
- in order to manage the number of people entering the building, if you arrive earlier than this you are likely to have to wait outside
- you will need to use hand sanitiser provided before seeing the registrar
- no payment will be accepted at the appointment
- 2 metre social distancing must be maintained at all times
This information will be emailed to you once you've booked an appointment. Please ensure you have read and understood it.
Our safety measures
- we have configured our office space to ensure 2 metre distance can be maintained at all times
- our offices are fitted with Perspex screens
- registrars will be disinfecting surfaces and handwashing between each appointment
- we are limiting the numbers of people allowed in the building/at appointments