Missed bin collection
While the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues, we are operating with a reduced workforce as some employees self-isolate or have been instructed to stay home.
Therefore, please note the following:
- Where we have been unable to collect your waste due to an issue with operations (such as a vehicle breakdown) we will work hard to return within 5 days. However, due to staff shortages cause by the coronavirus pandemic this may not be possible.
- As such, please leave your bin(s) at the collection point for the next 5 days. If we have not returned within this time, we are sorry, but you will have to wait until your next scheduled collection for that waste type. Please take your bins back onto your property until then.
- If we have missed your bin for any other reason (eg. it wasn't out by 6am or was tagged), due to staff shortages caused by coronavirus pandemic we are unable to return until your next scheduled collection.
- If you produce any extra rubbish before your next scheduled collection day, you can put out up to two bags of black bagged waste with your rubbish bins. Extra recycling, glass and food waste can be stored safely and put out on your next appropriate collection day.
- Remember to crush and flatten items (not glass) before throwing away, as this will help create space in your bins and our collection vehicles.
- Please continue to observe public health guidance on handling your waste. If you have symptoms of coronavirus, please double bag your waste and store for 72 hours before placing in your bin or blue sack. You should also wash your hands both before putting your bins out and after taking them back in.
- We recommend rinsing dirty rubbish and recycling items before placing in bins to reduce unpleasant odours.
We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time, and thank you for your co-operation.
Report a missed bin collection
Please do not report your collection as missed until after 4pm on your collection day. The crew do not follow the same collection order each week and may still be out collecting.